Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Help!

I walked through the wildwood, and what did I see
But a unicorn with his horn stuck in a tree,
Cryin', "Someone please help me before it's too late."
I hollered, "I'll free you." He hollered back, "Wait-
How much will it hurt? How long will it take?
Are you sure that my horn will not scratch, bend, or break?
How hard will you pull? How much must I pay?
Must you do it right now or is Wednesday okay?
Have you done this before? Do you have the right tools?
Have you graduated from horn-savin' school?
Will I owe you a favor? And what will it be?
Do you promise that you will not damage the tree?
Should I close my eyes? Should I sit down or stand?
Do you have insurance? Have you washed your hands?
And after you free me-tell me what then?
Can you guarantee I won't get stuck again?
Tell me when. Tell me how.
Tell me why. Tell me where. . . ."
I guess that he's still sittin' there.


"Help!" by Shel Silverstein
all photos by Sander van der Veen.




I can't wait to dance at my party.
and forget everything else.

2 comments:

SophieKowalski said...

Beautiful poem and photos!
Especially the one with balloons in the water,i love that!
xoxo

ryan said...

A party is a gathering of persons who have been invited by a host for the purposes of socializing, conversation, and recreation.