Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Absence

Because I could not stop for Death-
He kindly stopped for me-
The carriage held but just Ourselves-
And Immortality.
We slowly drove-He knew no haste
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too,
For his Civility-
We passed the School, where Children strove
At Recess-in the Ring-
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain-
We passed the Setting Sun-
Or rather- He passed Us-
The Dews drew quivering and chill-
For only Gossamer, my Gown-
My Tippet-only Tulle-
We paused before a House that seemed
A Swelling of the Ground--
The Roof was scarcely visible-
The Cornice-in the Ground-
Since then- 'tis Centuries- and yet
Feels shorter than the Day
I first surmised the Horses Heads
Were toward Eternity-


poem by Emily Dickinson



I apologize a thousand times for have vanished during the past week.
I've been so busy with moving and school and work...and life! to have had time for much else.
I've missed you all terribly, and after a friend of mine reminded me to think of my dear readers, I had to post at the first possible second!

Anyway, I hope you all had lovely weekends. I was upstate with my family to get Christmas trees and see Holiday concerts. It was so much fun, but now I have to catch up on everything else! I'll write to you all soon!

5 comments:

notebookdoodles said...

life is getting hectic isn't it..? such a nice post as usual =)

♥sb

agnes said...

absolutely beautiful. i love how the words and the pics echo with each other. nicely done.

Betsey said...

ooh beautiful!
i am so glad you've remembered to post! i have definitely been guilty of being too busy to blog as well!
i hope you have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, it's always a pleasure for us to discover a new post from you. Loves

mei_yun said...

What a beautiful poem!
And the pictures are also pretty.

Lovely blog!!

xxx