Thursday, December 18, 2008

Down the Rabbit-Hole

"Well!" thought Alice to herself, "after such a fall as this, 
I shall think nothing of tumbling down stairs!
Why, I wouldn't say anything about it,
 even if I fell off the top of the house!" 
(which was very likely true.)
Down, down, down. Would the fall never come to an end?
"I wonder how many miles I've fallen by this time?" she said aloud.
" I must be getting somewhere near the centre of the earth.
 Let me see: that would be four thousand miles down, I think--
(for, you see, Alice ad learnt several things of this sort in her lessons in the schoolroom, 
and though this was not a very good opportunity for showing off her knowledge,
 as there was no one to listen to her, still it was good practice to say it over)
"--yes, that's about the right distance--
but then I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?"
(Alice had not the slightest idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, 
but she thought they were nice grand words to say.)
Presently she began again. "I wonder if I shall fall right through the earth!"


excerpt from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
photos from weheartit


I'm working on a photo shoot with a water theme, 
so I'm looking for plenty of inspiration!
Hope you're all well, dears!

2 comments:

Ailin said...

the combination was so perfect as usual. beautiful, haunting photos.

Betsey said...

ahh beautiful post!
i love love love these photos!