Sunday, March 14, 2010

the sleepwalker

dream1m.jpg
There was a moment in time when I had blocked every feeling for you.
dream2.jpg
It was unconsciously done, because I didn't remember half of the events
until I found the journal hidden in an old shoebox.
dream6.jpg
It retold every moment with you, only different from how I knew it.
It told the truth.
dream8.jpg
You were the dream. You were the fantasy. And I wanted to keep you as such.
dream9.jpg
Every bad day, every mistake made where I was to blame,
I had somehow altered in my memory.
dream10b.jpg
You were the hero, and I was the villain. 
But you knew that all along.
Why did you stay? Why not escape the nightmare?
dream11.jpg
It was a vicious cycle that repeated itself daily.
And I never saw it coming.
dream12.jpg
Was I always too preoccupied to care?
I probably relied on you to fix my mistakes,
when they could have been so easily avoided to begin with.
dream13.jpg
And when you figured that out, you fled.
You disappeared, back to your own life, your own world.
dream14.jpg
And I carried on as if nothing had changed.
Because in my mind, nothing had. And nothing ever would.
dream16.jpg
I was greedy. I wanted it all.
dream17.jpg
In my eyes, you were only a dream.

1 comment:

jules said...

These are beautiful.